Saturday, April 18, 2015

Magnetic Tape in the Classroom

The other day I pulled out some compound words that I've had for years. I usually put them in a pocket chart, but I have created so many of my own activities that I didn't really want to do that. Instead I decided that I would rather have them on my whiteboard. I wanted to be able to move them around and create the compound words with my students, so I attached some magnetic tape pieces to the back of the cards.

I love using this magnetic tape. I put it on the back of my smaller posters and it works great. I can move the posters over to revisit them without having to deal with the larger magnets. The magnetic pieces also allow me to store my posters without the bulk, so that I can use them again the following year. I purchased this roll of magnetic tape at Michael's Craft Store. They have a couple of different sizes. I think this large one was about $8.00, but I had a coupon, so I got it for a lot less.

This is what my compound word project looked like when I was done. It worked out well for what I wanted, but I don't think the tape works quite as well when the pieces are laminated. I have had a couple of cards come loose, but I was able to just push them back on.

I hope that you find this handy little tip helpful.

*Note: I did not create these compound words. I have had them so many years that I don't even remember where I got them from. I think that I got them from a friend. Sorry, I wish I had this resource available for you.


Anna Navarre's TpT Store 




No comments:

Post a Comment