Sunday, April 19, 2015

Fun Learning with Splat Games

I received some positive feedback on one of my Splat Games today, and besides the fact that the feedback truly blessed my heart, it also reminded me of how much I like these games. It also prompted me to post a blog about these fun and interactive games.

Years ago, when I created the Splat Games, me and my husband would play them with our grandchildren. We always had a great time and laughed a lot! Having stronger reading skills then our grandchildren didn't ensure a win. We had to be quick on the Splats, which they were usually better at.

As I took these games into the classroom the Splat Games had the same effect on my students. They enjoyed playing the games and spent a lot time laughing. Even as they were having fun they still stayed focused on the words. They were learning without truly realizing that is what they were doing.

I have several Splat Games available at my teacher's store. I've included pictures of them and the links in case you are interested in checking them out.


Ending Blends "Splat" Phonics Game


ll & ck Ending "Splat" Phonics Game


CVC "Splat" Phonics Game


CVCe "Splat" Phonics Game


 Vowel Team "Splat" Phonics Game


Contraction "Splat" Phonics Game


Number Recognition "Splat" Game

No comments:

Post a Comment