Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Roll a Word Activity

 It is funny how easily things can be turned into a learning activity. I had some small waffle balls under my cabinet that I hadn't used for a long time. Coming across these balls reminded me of this Roll a Word activity that I hadn't had my students play in awhile. I decided it was time to pull these balls out and use them again. 

Everyday I start off with a phonics lesson. I have my weekly phonics words posted on my whiteboard, so the words are available for our daily review and for students to practice anytime they come to the carpet. After we review the words I always have my students do a phonics activity. I prefer interactive activities, so this Roll a Word activity was perfect. 

In order to play this game I gave my students a ball and had them partner up. Students then chose a word from the word list. The first student rolled the ball and said the word.  Then the players took turns rolling the ball back and forth spelling the word. The student who had the final roll repeated the word. Students choose another word and repeated the process.



If you are interested in more interactive word activities you can check out this 20 page packet that I have available on my TpT Store. 




No comments:

Post a Comment