Saturday, May 9, 2015

Yea!!! It's Experiment Day

 In a few days my class will be starting our ABC Countdown, which is the last 26 days of school. It is hard to believe. This year has gone so fast. The ABC Countdown is an idea our first grade team got a few years ago from a fellow teacher. She had gotten the idea from another teacher. Anyways, what I am saying is that I can't take credit for it, or even give proper credit, but I am very thankful for the idea.

One of the days is of course, "E" Day. It is our Experiment Day, and it is the #1 best day of the whole countdown. My students always love this day and so do I. We have lots of fun and lots of learning is being done. It is so hands on and everyone is engaged.

I've always had a time of the year when I do science experiments, but I used to take a week or two. Now, with this ABC Countdown, I do it all in one day. It is a lot! In order to get this done I have to start gathering up everything that I will need ahead of time, which is why this is on my mind right now. Most of the supplies I already have, so I don't usually need to purchase too much, but I'm double checking to be sure.

A couple of years ago I put together a Science Experiment Day packet with my favorite experiments. This made it easier for me to get everything together without having to put too much thought into which experiments I wanted to do and what materials I would need. I also included the actual experiments, so that they could be projected in order for my class to make predictions and to allow us to have class discussions. I then wanted to have my students do the experiments and record their findings in a science journal. I've included all of these pieces in my first packet and then because I love doing science experiments I created a Science Experiment Day #2 packet. Both are available at my TpT store if you are interested.



Science Experiment Day #1

 Science Experiment Day #2


No comments:

Post a Comment