Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Amazing San Diego Zoo App

Wow! If you teach animal habitats, have young children, or just love animals then the San Diego Zoo app is for you. I started off by looking at the exhibit section, not really realizing that was what I was looking at, and I was a little discouraged that more information wasn't given. Then, I went to the animal section and there was plenty of information for my first graders. Next, I checked out the media section. I love that there are live cams (FYI.. Nothing happening at 2:30 a.m.). There are also short video clips. All of this is perfect for teaching students about the different animals. It is also perfect for students who have never been to the zoo.

I believe this is an app for both iPads and iPhones, I have it on my iPad. I had some trouble finding it when I went to the iTunes App Store, but found a link that sent me straight to it. Here is the link in case you have trouble too:

San Diego Zoo App

If  you don't have iPads or an iPhone in your classroom you can go to the San Diego Zoo website and access many, if not all, of the same things as the app. Here is the San Diego Zoo link:

San Diego Zoo Link
http://sandiegozoo104.reachlocal.net


If you teach animal habitats and are looking for some additional resources then you might be interested in checking out some products I have available at my teachers store.



No comments:

Post a Comment