Sunday, December 28, 2014

Popcorn Words

I like to have lots of different ways for my students to practice their sight words. Using this popcorn word idea lets me provide my students with a hands on approach to learning and also lets me use words that I know my students need.

As you can see it is a pretty easy idea. Simply purchase some foam sheets from the craft store and cut the pieces into a popcorn (more like a cloud) shape. Then use a sharpie to write the words on them. Using popcorn bags or popcorn cups make the activity more unique, but students enjoy using a simple little bag as well.

Another thing I like to do with these words is to put them in a 2 litter soda bottle with popcorn kernels. Students can then turn the bottle and try to find the popcorn words. They can make a list of the words they find and see who can find the most.



Anna Navarre's TpT Store

No comments:

Post a Comment