Monday, November 17, 2014

Photo Album Word Books

I was going through some of my things and came across my photo album word books. I've had them for years, but I hadn't made them available to my students yet this year. Since I pulled them out my students have been using them on a daily basis, which reminded me of how much I like them. I like watching them use these books to play teacher. 

I made these books several years ago for my grandchildren. It was a good way for my family to review words with my granddaughter and then later with my grandson. Sometimes they would add their own words or words would get changed around to meet their reading/school needs, but it was always a good tool to have. 

I got the photo albums at the Dollar Store, but like I said, it was a while ago. You may not be able to find the exact books, but anything will do. After I purchased the books I used different color index cards and stuck word labels on them. The words that I used corresponded to the Word Club words that I use in my classroom, but you could use any words that you feel your students need. Overall these photo album word books are a good resource to have in the classroom. They are pretty easy, inexpensive, and worth the time to make them. 



Please feel free to visit my Teacher's Stores 
TpT Store

or Teacher's Notebook Shop


No comments:

Post a Comment