Thursday, October 23, 2014

Math Puzzles

I was going through some of my center activities and came across my math puzzles. I haven't used them yet this year and had kind of forgot about them, so I was glad to find them. These are supper easy and inexpensive to make. I made a set several years ago and they have passed the test of time.

The foam figures were purchased at Michael's Arts and Crafts store. I made a group set with a couple extra and then wrote addition and subtraction problems on them. I should have taken a picture of them at that point. The puzzles are more challenging then they look. I can attest to that, since I just assembled 4 of them for the picture. After I wrote the problems on the figures I cut them apart into about 6-8 pieces. Once each puzzle was cut apart I stored them in a zip-loc bag.

It is fun to watch students work together to assemble the puzzles. They practice the math problems as they are doing this, because of how the puzzle is cut. They need to make sure that the math equations are correct. They can't just put pieces together because they think they fit.





                     Please feel free to visit my teacher's store to view my products.
                                                         
                                               Anna Navarre's TpT store
                        http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Anna-Navarre
                                                               
                                            or Teacher's Notebook Shop
                            http://www.teachersnotebook.com/shop/anavarre




No comments:

Post a Comment