Saturday, May 17, 2014

Alphabet Sound Cards

I created Alphabet Sound Cards to provide my students with practice of letter names and sounds. I like having different ways for students to practice, so I use either the actual cards or the Power Point/video. I have made the video available on YouTube if you are interested in checking it out.

Alphabet Sound Cards - YouTube Link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXSZo4jhXGU&list=UUY5DiWYDOU7armTlBtAHX7g



The actual Alphabet Sound Cards packet is available at my teacher's store. It includes a set of 26 letter cards and an accompanying Power Point with audio. I'm not always able to access YouTube in my classroom, so it is handy to have it as a Power Point as well. Using the Power Point while doing attendance or just getting my morning started gives me a few extra minutes. My students are involved in meaningful learning instead of just waiting for me.  

This is also a good resource for supporting struggling students. Since I teach first grade, I don't usually need these cards for the whole class for more than the first month or two of school and mainly as a review, but it is really handy for students who don't yet have their letters and sounds. I usually move the rest of my class on to my Phonics Sound Cards at that point, while my struggling students continue to get the review they need. 

TpT Store 
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Alphabet-Sound-Cards-wPower-Point-1244594
or
Teacher's Shop




No comments:

Post a Comment