Thursday, April 13, 2017

Flower Design Art

I was going through my files and found a picture of this art project that I did with my class. I believe we did it last Mother's Day. This project makes for a beautiful gift idea. 

The art project might look a little bit complicated, but I did it with first graders and they were able to do it, so it isn't that difficult. 

I provided each student with an 7 1/2 x 9 1/2" piece of cardstock and a black sharpie. For my first graders, we did this first part as a directed drawing, but older students could do this part on their own. I showed students how to draw the flowers and then made a line to divide the grass and the sky. Then I broke those sections up into smaller sections. 

For the next step, I had students set their black sharpies aside and use colored markers. I modeled different designs that they could choose from and encouraged them to use their imagination to come up with new designs. Then I let students complete their work on their own. The only thing I did discourage was simply coloring in the whole section rather than using a design. 

After the art work was complete I mounted it on a separate 8 x 10" piece of construction paper and then framed it. 


*Note: The size of cardstock doesn't really matter. You just want to think about the size of frame that you are going to use and then cut the cardstock down enough to have the construction paper as a border.



   Anna Navarre’s TpT Store


No comments:

Post a Comment