Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Father's Day Tie Card


This is a Father's Day card that I have my students make for their dads. I usually have a parent cut out the pattern, but then after that they are pretty easy for students to make.


If you are doing this whole class it is easiest to start off with a tie pattern. In order to make the pattern fold a 9" x 12" piece of construction paper in half. Then draw two trapezoids across from each other. Snip off two triangle pieces at the bottom of the tie. In order to make the rest of the ties you can just trace the pattern. I have reused the same pattern for years. You can decide if you want to draw the tie knot or have students draw it on.


Provide each student with a tie. Have students open up the card and write a Father's Day message. I usually model this on the board, but allow students to either copy mine or write whatever they want. Remind students to sign their name. 

Once students have finished their writing they can use a black crayon to draw the knot on the tie if this has not been done for them. Then they can color the ocean floor and some plants/rocks. As students are ready you can have them use sea creature sponges to finish off their tie. I don't really remember where I purchased these sea creatures, because I got them quite a few years ago, but I believe I  purchased them from a dollar store. If you can't find sea creatures sponges you could cut up a sponge to make your own or just have student paint something simple like a fish, whale, or a starfish. 

                                  

I hope that you find this Father's Day idea helpful. Anna



Anna Navarre's TpT Store


                         

No comments:

Post a Comment