Thursday, December 17, 2015

Classroom Christmas Tree



One of my favorite things to do for my class before the winter break is to set my classroom up to look like a Christmas tree. My students go absolutely wild over the change in the classroom and it truly adds to the holiday spirit.

I cut a large star out of yellow construction paper and sprinkle it with glitter, which is really the only prep that needs to be done. The rest is just organizing the desks into a Christmas tree formation and then laying out the green and brown paper. The gift bags that I have on each desk makes it look like Christmas decorations on the tree. 

I've done this for several years. I would have shared the idea sooner, but I was never able to get all the desks to fit in the picture. My class size used to be much larger. This year I was able to get it done, at least well enough for you to get the idea.

I do this two other times during the year. I do it at Halloween time when I turn my classroom desks into a large pumpkin. I also do it on Valentine's Day when I use the desks to form one really large heart. I've thought about doing it for St. Patrick's Day, but that is beyond my creative abilities. Anyways, I hope that you like the idea. I guarantee if you try this your students will LOVE  IT!

Merry Christmas!
Anna


Anna Navarre's TpT Store 


No comments:

Post a Comment