Thursday, March 12, 2015

Orbiting Planet Art Project

I found this orbiting planet art project online and thought it would be a good addition to my unit on Earth's Place in the Universe. You can see the link below for complete directions.

Since I did this whole class, I found it easier to cut some templates ahead of time. I used cardstock and cut some large circles for space and some small circles for the sun. Students shared the templates as they traced and cut them out. As students started finishing I had them sprinkle some glitter on their project. I love this extra touch.

One problem I did run into was that some of my students glued the sun on, which of course meant that it wouldn't spin. This wasn't really a big deal, I was able to unstick most of them. Once my students finished their project I attached some yarn and then hung them from the ceiling. It is kind of neat to see them kind of moving around when the air is on.

Busy Bee Kids Crafts 


I am using my Space comprehension pages to help my students learn about Earth's Place in the Universe. The text is pretty complex, but since we read this together as a close read students are able to grasp what they have learned. They are then able to use this information to explain why the Earth, moon, sun, and stars are important. Here is the link if you are interested in checking it out.

Space Comprehension Pages - Earth's Place in the Universe

No comments:

Post a Comment