Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Back to School I Go

Well, with about a week left before I return to the classroom, it is time for me to start getting ready. It is really funny how it actually takes not just getting things ready for the classroom, but it takes mentally getting myself ready. I'm sure everyone does this in their own way, but for me I take the time to reflect on why I got into teaching in the first place and really connect with what it means to be a teacher. Teaching is a hard job and there are often frustrations, but the most incredible part about this job is that we get to touch the lives of these young children. We get to help guide them and teach them not only about academics, but also about character traits that hopefully help to influence who they are as people. In essence, we get to make a difference in the lives of each child in our classrooms. That might sound a little bold to a non-teacher, which is maybe why it is hard for them to truly understand how difficult this job can be, but it is a reality.

It is incredible to think of the endless hours that I spend, not just getting things ready for the next day, but looking for the best learning strategies; looking for ways to help my students enjoy learning; looking for ways to help them understand how to be good citizens; worrying about how I'm going to best meet each and every child's needs; and trying to find a way to be the best me for them. I know that I do this though, because every child matters, which is one of the things that makes this job the most difficult. Every child matters, which is why I keep doing this! This is my heart, EVERY child matters!!!

 Ok, I'm ready, back to school I go!




Here is are a couple of Back to School resources if you are interested. 








No comments:

Post a Comment