Saturday, May 11, 2013

Phonics Sound Cards with Power Point

One thing I have learned about teaching phonics is that it is definitely not a one time deal. There is no "teach it and forget it." It requires lots of practice both in isolation and in context of a word. I use Phonics Sound Cards to help with that necessary repetative practice. As part of my daily phonics lesson my class review the phonics cards. I actually expose them to the cards before they have even had many of the lessons. I find the cards a helpful tool. It is even fun to watch my students use the cards during choice learning time. They use them to play school. 

This set also comes with an audio Power Point. I like playing the Power Point while I'm doing attendance and getting my day started. There are 38 phonics cards, which review short vowels, long vowel, diagraphs (ch, sh, wh, & th), vowel teams, and Bossy r (ar, er, ir, or, & ur). I have made this set available on my TPT Store and Teacher's Notebook Shop. Feel free to check it out.

or

No comments:

Post a Comment