Sunday, May 12, 2013

Jungle Theme Compound Words

Compound words are interesting to teach. I find that my students have a pretty good understanding of what it takes to make a compound word, but they aren't really familiar with which words can be put together. Everything starts sounding correct to them. I even had one student use "andthen" throughout her writing, because it of course goes so well together. Anyways, what they really need is just more exposure to these words. In an attempt to provide my students with more practice and a hands on approach to compound words I created this Jungle Themed Compound Word set. It makes a quick and easy center activity. I have students create the words and then write them on their whiteboards. This activity is available on my TPT Store and my Teacher's Notebook Shop. Please feel free to check it out if you would like. You can also feel free to follow either one of these shops in order to get notifications of new product postings.


or

No comments:

Post a Comment