Monday, September 19, 2022

The Story of Max the Scarecrow

Well, I’m happy to say that I have just published my first book. Wow! I can officially say that I am an author. For those of you who are interested, it is really not that difficult and I suggest learning more about self-publishing on Amazon.
 

Writing a book really wasn’t part of my plan when writing the Story of Max the Scarecrow. I was just thinking about fall themes and decided that I wanted to do a PowerPoint video for YouTube. I decided it would be about a scarecrow.


As I was thinking about my story, I decided that I wanted to write a story that supported Social and Emotional Learning (SEL). After I finished my story, I decided that I actually liked it enough to try and publish it. I was especially motivated by this since I would like to see more stories for young learners directed towards SEL.


In the story, about Max the scarecrow, we learn that he is a hard worker, but he is sometimes kind of lonely. We are able to see how Max explores his feelings, solves problems, and makes good decisions. Max also meets some friends that show empathy and work together as a team.


As part of the book/video, there is a “Think and Discuss” section. You are able to use the questions to more directly focus on SEL. In the video, you are asked to pause the video to give students time to respond to the questions. In the book, you have both the questions and possible answers. I say possible because I really wouldn’t want to limit students in how they interpret and respond to the story.


You have probably figured out after reading this post that I followed through with making a video of Max the Scarecrow. I am providing the link for you to view and use in your classroom.


YouTube - The Story of Max the Scarecrow


Also, I am providing the link to my book in case you are interested. It is available in both paperback and Kindle versions, but of course, the paperback is more suitable for the classroom. 


The Story of Max the Scarecrow - Book





Please feel free to check out both of these resources. I hope that you find them helpful. 









No comments:

Post a Comment