Sunday, February 1, 2015

The Alarm Clock Story

I was at my grandson's basketball game yesterday morning and my daughter and I were talking about how early we had to get up on a Saturday morning. This prompted my granddaughter to share a classroom story. It was so great that I decided to share it with you.

My granddaughter told me that there is a boy in her 4th grade class who is always late to school. When the teacher had asked him about it he said that his mom won't wake him up and that he didn't have an alarm clock. I don't know how accurate this version of my granddaughter's story is, but I thought it was very sad. 

My granddaughter continued with her story and said that because the boy had continued to get to school late, the teacher bought him an alarm clock. It was described as one of those big, loud ones. The teacher gave it to the boy and told him that he no longer had an excuse to be late. I loved this!!!

I love that this teacher not only took that extra simple step to make a difference, but for the example she set for the rest of the class. They saw that they could do little things to help, but they also saw that now this student had to except the responsibility to be on time to class. I give a BIG shout out to Mrs. Yeo for making a difference. 

Okay, so the big question is....did the alarm clock work? My granddaughter didn't know yet, because it had just happened on Friday. But, even if it doesn't work perfectly for this boy, it worked for me. It was a great example of what good teachers/people do.



Anna Navarre's TpT Store

No comments:

Post a Comment