Sunday, April 28, 2013

Shape Flip Book

Flip books are a great way to provide students with a note taking tool that they can then enjoy going back to revisit. I love using them for my math units. It allows me to provide students with vocabulary of concepts that I want them to focus on. Since I teach first grade, most of my flip books are pretty simple. I just have students write the word that we are focused on and then maybe a short sentence. They then include the modeled drawing to help them remember what the word means. After students complete the books I have them keep them in their desk in a folder or in a zic-loc bag. I have them take the books back out before a lesson on that particular concept.

My shape flip book is a little different. I wanted students to have more for their definition and still be able to read it. I also wanted them to have a picture to go with the definition, so I created a Shape Flip Book packet that I use with them. They really seem to enjoy this as an introduction to shapes and I like doing it with them. I have made this packet available on my teacher's store if you are interested in it.


No comments:

Post a Comment